13 Ways to Lower Cortisol
After 25 years of living in super high-stress environments my adrenals are a little tired. I’ve been looking into ways to lower my cortisol levels. After a little research online this is the list I came up with. You can search each of these for further information, but most are self-explanatory. This list is just to get you started.
- Eat Regularly. Not eating regularly puts the body in a state of stress.
- Cut out sugar and caffeine, as these raise cortisol levels.
- Get 20-30 minutes of light aerobic exercise daily. Too much exercise can also increase cortisol levels.
- Practice mindfulness.
- Change your thoughts. There are wonderful books on neuroplasticity and changing your brain.
- Get out doors.
- Take a power nap.
- Engage with music or art in some form.
- Don’t multi-task.
- Remember a happy thought.
- Make decisions, don’t sit in a state of “possibility”.
There’s a lot of good information for women in this book.